A question to ernie and fellows in the group

Hi Ernie, I would like to hear your opinion about the machine below:

machine is sold among the jewelry industry. I know this machine is arc welder but I would like to know what kind of? (Tig welder?) Sometimes, jewelry making tool suppliers are selling terrible machines at too expensive prices. I wonder how those machines are. Do you think Thermal Arc Prowave 185 TSW or Dynasty 200DX can do the same work for making jewelry or repairing job? I asked you a few times about choosing machines. I am a jewelry designer and maker and also interested in making small house hold goods, such as lamps, tables, chairs and etc in different metals.

Thank you very much in advance. Yoshi.

Reply to
ZZ212

Yoshi, I found a mention of this in rec.crafts.metalworking ng from back in

1999.
It sounds like it is designed for very small items (ie. jewelry) but I would think for less money the prowave could be used on jewelry with a small enough tungsten and some great skill. The prowave or dynasty would be a better fit for making lamps and tables like you mentioned though. The ABI unit would be great for tiny places that a tig simply couldn't fit. If you were only working with very delicate pieces, it sounds cool, but quite expensive. Good luck, walt
Reply to
Walt

try this instead:

sorry, walt

Reply to
Walt

Interesting little machine.

Everything it does could be done with a Dynasty 200 DX for less money. The Thermal Arc 185TSW lacks some of the minute controls of he Dynasty.

You would need to add a few specialty TIG torches but other than that it would just be practice, practice, practice.

Looks like you would save about $1000.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Where I can get specialty TIG torchs? Miller co is selling those kind?

is that becase Dynasty has 1-200 amp and prowave 185 has 5-185amps?

Thanks.ernie.

Yoshi

Reply to
ZZ212

CK Worldwide makes a wide variety of TIG torches and they do custom stuff, too.

I'll leave that one to Ernie.

Cheers--Jeff Dantzler

Reply to
Jeff Dantzler

Go here to find them

Then contact them to find your local dealer.

Yes, for jewelry 1-5 amps is a working range on some pieces. Also the Dynasty has some simpler controls and a more flexible control system.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler