Banished

My wife has asked me to stop using the gopher blaster. Says it is too hard on the dogs, and I'm becoming accident prone. I have merely detached it, but not discarded it.

Now, I am trying a piece of conduit 18" long cut on a 45 on one end. Use a probe to find the tunnel. Insert the conduit. Lift it a couple of inches. Insert a dowel to clear it, then pull out the dowel. Insert a piece of Dentine sized xylitol sweetened chewing gum and push it into the tunnel with the wood dowel. Seal the hole.

I don't see the big deal. The dogs get scared of the hair dryer or other dogs barking on TV.

It's always something.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Apparently one can also buy this as a alternative sweetener for sugar in a more or less pure form. Would be interested in knowing if this actually works. Rick

Reply to
72 Mach1

You could try our method. Find open hole, dump in a big scoop of sulfur (we get it at the local farm supply store). Poke in a propane fueled big burner head, and burn some sulfur. No more gophers.

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Let your wife hoist your cylinders, and use auto exhaust to kill your gophers.

Reply to
Watson

I would need to make some sort of cake in order to have it in an edible form for them. I did one hole in the front yard on one very persistent gopher, and so far in the past 12 to 16 hours, there's no new dirt. Maybe I got the little darling.

Finally.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I have set off railroad flares and let them burn. Trouble is, they can block a tunnel in seconds, and you don't get that tunnel.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB