Dang

I was way away from the garage and supplies today. Way away where I park my welder. Needed to make a probe for gophers. Found a 6" piece of 1/2" square .065" tube, and about 18" of 3/16" round rod. Didn't want to go all the way to the garage for some small rod. All that was on the SA 200 was a stub of 1/8" 7018. So, I cranked it down, and welded it without blowing through. Got a good bit of metal to stick, and it even looks good.

Dang.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Let me be the first to ask. What the heck is a golpher probe? Or was that a straight line? :)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Just a T with a point on it so you can probe for the gopher tunnel. Handle is about six inches and shaft is 16" or so. Now, if you're talking about the OTHER kind of gopher probe, it gets a little more complicated, and involves latex. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I thought those were gerbils?