better UV filter

wondering if anyone knows where to get UV blocking filter, preferably plastic and clear. i wish to add another UV filter to my auto-dark helmet. helmet has what appears to be a spot on the inside that can hold another filter.

i thought Edmond Optics may have something but they never replied to my email.

thnaks, k

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Why? The specs I've seen on welding helmets seem to be pretty good. The "spot" on the inside is to hold a clip in lens. I have a 2.00 diopter one in my hat.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Why do you want to add another UV filter? There is no evidence that the standard welding helmet lets enough UV through for eye problems to appear. Actually, even plain glass is quite opaque to UV...

Reply to
jerry_tig2003

blocking more UV/IR can only be better.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Same philosophy as, "If two asprins can cure a headache, two dozen must be better."

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Reply to