CAD via bittorrent?

I want to get a 3-D capable CAD program to use for mechanical drafting. Is this something I could use bittorrent for? If so, how do I go about it? I
am asking because I've tried to get a CAD and cannot figure out the process.
l, David
www.edonkey.com is a better place for that sort of stuff, when you get to the download page, scroll down for the link to the free version of the software
-Tom

Is
process.
David, For Windows users AutoDesk's R14 really started making 3d piping and rendering easier, even to the point of detailing flanges at the end. The bummer is it's not on the "LT" version and a licensed copy of AutoCAD is about $4000.00 USC and if you do rendering your gonna need a beefy PC to work from. Since then it has evolved greatly but I got into the UNIX world and PRO-E with Sun Solaris is the cat's keester and if not, possibly the industry standard. Bittorrent may not be as robust but it depends on your needs and if your contract(or) is a pain in the ass. I can send you some renderings of work I did for a refinery and public works if you want to see them (Or plot them out and mail them if you really need to see the detail) The painful adage of you get what you pay for hits home right here. Oh- A lot of stuff from Pro-E can go right to the CNC without conversion too if you fabricate parts such as in my business.
All the best,
Rob Fraser
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Ah.... Bittorrent is not CAD software! But rather a software tool to allow downloads. For full explanation read: http://www.bittorrent.com/introduction.html Lane
Brainfart on my behalf- I totally messed up this with another software nightmare. FTP is looong gone in the $$ world
Rob
"Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message

For anyone who would like a heavy duty CAD program you could try VectorWorks. It costs $995 and is every bit as powerful as AutoCad. It is available for Mac and Windows. There are add-ons for things like Stage work, mechanical engineering, landscaping, and high level rendering. It can be found at http://www.nemetschek.net

Mike, I poked around the website and looked for a trial version and either I'm missing it or they don't offer one. Do you know by chance if they do? I'd rather not contact them then they won't leave me alone. It looks pretty cool and I never tried a Mac based CAD system, Just x86 and UNIX. Thanks for the info. Very cool of you to do so.
Thanks,
Rob
Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.