CAD via bittorrent?

I want to get a 3-D capable CAD program to use for mechanical drafting. Is this something I could use bittorrent for? If so, how do I go about it? I am asking because I've tried to get a CAD and cannot figure out the process.

l, David

Reply to
David Todtman

is a better place for that sort of stuff, when you get to the download page, scroll down for the link to the free version of the software

-Tom

Reply to
TT

David, For Windows users AutoDesk's R14 really started making 3d piping and rendering easier, even to the point of detailing flanges at the end. The bummer is it's not on the "LT" version and a licensed copy of AutoCAD is about $4000.00 USC and if you do rendering your gonna need a beefy PC to work from. Since then it has evolved greatly but I got into the UNIX world and PRO-E with Sun Solaris is the cat's keester and if not, possibly the industry standard. Bittorrent may not be as robust but it depends on your needs and if your contract(or) is a pain in the ass. I can send you some renderings of work I did for a refinery and public works if you want to see them (Or plot them out and mail them if you really need to see the detail) The painful adage of you get what you pay for hits home right here. Oh- A lot of stuff from Pro-E can go right to the CNC without conversion too if you fabricate parts such as in my business.

All the best,

Rob Fraser

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

Ah.... Bittorrent is not CAD software! But rather a software tool to allow downloads. For full explanation read:

Lane

Brainfart on my behalf- I totally messed up this with another software nightmare. FTP is looong gone in the $$ world

Rob

Reply to
RDF

Reply to
Mike Swift

Mike, I poked around the website and looked for a trial version and either I'm missing it or they don't offer one. Do you know by chance if they do? I'd rather not contact them then they won't leave me alone. It looks pretty cool and I never tried a Mac based CAD system, Just x86 and UNIX. Thanks for the info. Very cool of you to do so.

Thanks,

Rob