chain saw welding

It's on it's way.. Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

The BOP/Rover block weighs around 320 pounds or so, IIRC. I do seem to recall that it has been used for chainsaws, seeing as how the power to weight ratio is so good. I've also seen VW motors used. Whatever your favorite motor is I'm sure will do just fine for extreme chainsaws.

Reply to
carl mciver

You just gotta know the guys who build them fully are out to have some serious fun. I am Hoping Richard Smith posts the video I sent him. It's out there.... I would just not want to be around if it pitched the chain. No way you could survive. I thought a 5.23sec pass was cool.... This seems right up there!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

Is this the video you're talking about?

Artemia Salina

Hi Rob, everyone

Here it is. Link page to ultimatechainsaw.asf - a 1.6MB video clip.

As per exhortations on the page itself, please conserve my bandwidth by making a local copy. You are likely to watch this on more than one occasion!

Makes me miss being in America. I was so happy working amongst people who liked to do things properly.

Artemia Salina's following post - V8ChainSaw.avi is one and the same file - but it is "misnamed" - my Quicktime player couldn't open it. Renamed it to "V8ChainSaw.asf" and the Windows Media Player lept up and showed to to be the same piece of movie footage. That's at

Regards

Richard Smith

Reply to
Richard Smith

Thanks Richard! Much appreciated!

Rob

If I could only remember the root password to my web-server I'd like to redo it but it hosts my POP3 and SQL server so I'd need a full rebuild, So not cool... Gotta love Solaris 8.

Thanks again!

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

Ooh.. ooh.. ooh.. me too please!

Thanks,

Peter pgrey (at) earthlink.net

Reply to
Peter Grey

"Doctor John" skrev i en meddelelse news:88781$431bbb56$943fa6f4$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET...

Those saws arent cheap to buy, but the few spareparts I have had to buy have been very reasonably priced... It might be different in the US though..

/peter

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 04:28:19 +0100, Doctor John wrote (in article ):

About five years ago I repaired the crankcase on my Husqvarna 161 using Devcon metal loaded epoxy resin. It's still working fine now.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams

Nick

Thanks for the input regarding the Devcon epoxy - I was thinking along the same lines and considering using JB Weld epoxy - do you think they are comparable?

Reply to
Doctor John

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:33:59 +0100, Doctor John wrote (in article ):

I'm not an expert on epoxy types, and since I'm in the UK, I suspect you will have brands available in the USA which I have never heard of. I'm sure any reputable outfit will have a technical services department which will give you advice on what to use, and how.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Williams