Dual Voltage Welders

I would like to get a mig welder,just for the occasional weld.Im not doing heavy duty welding.I'd like it to be portable,so I would prefer 110v.Now I also noticed that there are dual(110&220) welders out there,which sounds like the best of both worlds.Does anyone have any experience with these welders(like Schumacher for one)?

Reply to
tony

The only one I know of is the HTP America MIG 160 Dual.

They tend to be considerably more expensive, and less portable.

I love the idea, but so far they are a bit too pricey for everybody top afford.

My solution is to run a Readywelder spoolgun off of my Miller Maxstar

200DX Inverter TIG/Stick welder. The Maxstar can run off anything from 110 volt to 460 volt 3 phase.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

That isn't exactly a cheap solution either. But you do get all three common welding methods, MIG, TIG, and stick.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

I thought that was a great idea also. But they don't seem to be portable easily. And for the extra price they ask for, I could buy both a MIG 170amp 220v and the 135amp 110v model for about the same price. Having one that is small and portable and another for larger projects.

Reply to
Michael Sutton