Duplex ESSO wide plate test

Hello all,

I am looking for information about the Duplex ESSO test. It is a large scale crack arres test, developed in the 60's, in Japan. It is a brittle crack arrestability test, where the specimen is loaded in tension. The brittle crack is initiated by driving a wedge into a V-shaped slot, which has a fine saw cut in the root. The Duplex ESSO test is a special case of the ESSO test, since a brittle crack starter ( a pre-cracked piece which leads the crack to the correct location) is attached to the plate.

The problem is that I can't find anywhere specific data about how to execute this test. If anyone can help, or if somebody know about a good publication about this, this will be most welcome !

Thanks in advance,

Koen Belgian Welding Institute

Reply to
koen.faes.BIL