european arc welder in canada

Hello all,

new to welding and actually just moved to France from Canada. Have some projects I want to take on (basically looking for a new hobby).

I was wondering, if I purchase a welder in France 220V 50/60hz "monophase", could I wire it to work with the 220V oven or dryer receptacles in Canada, when I return, or will the welder be junk?

thanks for any help

cm

Reply to
CM

No problem. Just change the plug. You say the welder is 50/60hz so it can run on both Frances 50hz 220V and Canadan 60hz 220V.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Swift

Our shop picked up a sweet little satchel type stick machine in Finland on a job, now we have a pigtail with a shuko outlet on it, wired into the 220 outlet, works great for the little welder and for testing stuff we're sending to europe.

Just bring home the proper outlet and you'll have a welder your neighbor won't be borrowing!

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton