Miller 250 Syncrowave electrical input

Miller's installation manual recommends connecting their Miller 250 Syncrowave directly to the fuse box since it draws 90 amps single phase or

75 amp with power factor condensors.

Since it has wheels, I would prefer to use an outlet but outlets over 50 amps are hard to find.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Bob Magness

Interesting problem alright. I found this with Google. Probably others as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they are expensive.

Hope you get some better ideas. Billh

Reply to
billh

They are very expensive, but search under "pin and sleeve" on

(about $500 for a pair that are good to 100 amps - page 695). I wired my 250 to the breaker box. Someone may know of a cheaper route...or check ebay.

Randy

Randy Ray

Just over $70 per pair at barbizon...

These are the standard for high amperage film lighting gear.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

Just use a standard 6-50 outlet. Also called a Welders plug.

They are, listed as 60 amp 250 v outlets, but since welders are listed as, intermittent loads it is perfectly legal.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Range or oven outlets are 100 amp 220 volt about $25 for the set as I remember!

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth A. Emmert

Standard household ranges are 40A in North America Billh

Reply to
billh

Reply to
Lance