weld 220V europe vs North America

Hello all,

new to welding and actually just moved to France from Canada. Have some projects I want to take on (basically looking for a new hobby).

I was wondering, if I purchase a welder in France 220V 50/60hz "monophase", could I wire it to work with the 220V oven or dryer receptacles in Canada, when I return, or will the welder be junk?

thanks for any help

cm

Reply to
CM