Lithium's affect on Alu alloys?

How does Lithium content alter aluminium alloys? I'm making some motocross top yokes and am unsure as to what material to use?

I've got some 7050 which I thought would be fine for the job, but having a root round have come across some different spec material which is "slightly higher in lithium content" (not my words, and am trying to discover an exact %) but wondered what properties the lithium would give

Reply to
Andymac

Primarily lower density and higher stiffness.

Reply to
Footy

Reply to
David Billington