Everlast welders - Any experience ?????

I am really impressed with the Everlast line of welders. Especially the 'multi-process' ones. AC/DC TIG & Plasma. The Pro 205 has my eye. It seems to do everything but brew coffee. Just the one for an 'old fart' hobbist. . . . . . .They have a good website with a FORUM that has alot of imput.

But I understand they removed a thread that had 'complaints' so hence this writing.

Reply to
Pintlar

They are well known to be very poorly made. There is plenty of the same welders bearing all kinds of "brands", the real manufacturer is hiding behind those.

Ignoramus19981

I recently bought their LX225 TIG machine. So far it's working great. The price was such that it allowed me to buy it. There's no way I could afford a similar machine (lightweight inverter design) from Miller or Lincoln.

The thing makes me feel okay about this Chinese welder is that it comes with a 5 year guarantee, so as long as they're around for that long, I'll feel covered.

A few days ago, I contacted a welding parts distributor looking for the torch power and gas connectors for the LX225. The lady asked me what type of machine it was for and I told her. She said that she had heard good things about Everlast.

There are several Chinese machines on the market, and a lot of them look similar and have similar controls. The Everlast seems to be different in its look and in its controls. Perhaps they'll earn a better reputation than some of the other Chinese machines.

The guy on the 'welding tips and tricks' website seems to like Everlast, too.

With all of that said, only time will tell.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

Pintlar wrote in sci.engr.joining.welding on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:08:39 -0700:

you can ask over on :

is a guy from everlast that can answer questions.

Reply to
dan

***************** Thanks Dan. I go to the Everlast site very often and particiate in their Forum. I am just supicious as heck about them 'losing' all the threads about customer dissatisfaction and bad service. Personally their support people have immediatley returned my emails and questions with good answers. As stated earlier, I have yet to make my first TIG 'dogturd' but after watching their videos mucho times I feel I will have litte trouble since I already know how to OA weld. From what I have seen there, it appears they make good on the guarantee. It looks like one heck of a piece of equipment if it will hold up. Iggy says they have a bad rep. Maybe aluminum wound transformers instead of copper. . . . .charlie
Reply to
Pintlar

Pintlar wrote in sci.engr.joining.welding on Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:52:04 -0700:

The go to the link I posted. It's not owned by everlast.

Then you are ahead of the game. I took two welding classes when I was a few years out of high school, and the first one was all OA. I didn't think I would use it, but it helped with TIG a great deal.

I'm not sure, but I think I heard that they (everlast) aren't made by the same company that make the other chinese welders.

Reply to
dan