"finishing" a weld seam

I have, for simplicity's sake, a 90 degree weld that I want to dress up so that it is entirely smooth; purely aesthetics for this particular piece. Short of making another pass or two and grinding it down (ugh!), is there a way I can do it more efficiently? I thought of some kind of brazing process but I've done very little braze work and am just not sure how I would go about it if that would take me in the right direction. Thanks, and hope Santa was generous to all. Vic Redlands, CA.

Reply to
Vrstull

If it is something that is going to paint and getting a grind wheel to it is difficult or impossible, you can wipe it in with Bondo.

I can't believe I said that. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Keep the whole world singing. . . . DanG

Reply to
DanG

If your fitting is done correctly then you will need little grinding, just a touch-up. Fit corner to corner so that the inside edges just make contact. That way the weld bead will form the radius. You need only weld the outside in most cases. A common practice for 1/8 inch machinery guards is to tack weld open corners then with the guard tilted upward the weld is run vertically downward. E 6013 is a good rod for this application. The heat is not turned down and vertical speed is rather high to keep ahead of the following flux. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman