How to weld straight

I have been working on two 16' trailers, doing some major modifications. At first, I thought I just needed to warm up, as welds were going snaky. Now, I've burned a few pounds of rod, and a bunch of wire, and they're still snaky. What are some tips to keep welds in a damn straight line?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Use a straight edge and soapstone to draw guidelines you can see while welding. Also try point a quartz flood light on you weld area to increase visibility while welding.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler