I could pay someone for showing me how to use a plasma cutter (Chicagoland)

As some of you may remember, I remade my old Hobart CyberTig to be controlled by a microcontroller and it is now capable of doing "high voltage DC" of up to 300 VDC (as well as low voltage high current DC of up to 80 V).

The use of low voltage power supply is stick and TIG, which already works.

My intended use for high voltage power supply is to make a plasma cutter. I have a compressor and air dryer. My problem is that unlike stick and TIG welding, I have never done any plasma cutting, have no friends who do such, and would like to see how it works. (I have read some stuff, but reading is not a substitute for experience)

So, if anyone of you are in Chicagoland, own a plasma cutter and would like to get paid some sensible amount for showing how one works (beer is on me), let me know. thanks

ichudov AT algebra DOT com

Ignoramus12948

Does technicalvideorental.com have anything on the topic, I wonder? That guy ranting about them the other day reminded me of 'em again. Worth checking out anyway.

Igor buys good beer, for the record.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's a good idea, actually, thank you.

Ignoramus12948

Once in a while I have those ;)

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Igor,

Feel like a trip to the shop in Joliet?

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL

Reply to
RDF

Sure! Absolutely!

Ignoramus17359

Cool- Drop me an E-mail off line and let me know what works best for your schedule. If you want to take the train in the Heritage Corridor and Rock Island hit Joliet. Funny thing is I just used it for about an hour this morning. It's been collecting dust for a few months and I really gave it a workout on some tubes from a wrecked chassis totally by chance.

Have a good one!

Rob

Reply to
RDF

Ron, I sent you email to your address on the next line, without NOSPAM. Thanks.

Ignoramus17359