Miller Spoolmatic 30A

While browsing in Reliable Tool today..I found a few boxes filled with used Miller Spoolmatic 30A spool guns and hose/cable assemblies.

I bought one for $50.

Now..what can I do with this thing?

I have : elderly Dan-Mg 200 amp machine Airco 300 Squarewave Tig/stick Miller Dialarc 250 (stick) Miller Dialarc 250 HF tig (stick/tig) Airco 350 Phase Arc mig

Can I mickymouse this spool gun to the above machines?

I just want to be able to do aluminum.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

I need one of those

Reply to
buffalo

call em and ask for Pauli

Tell him Gunner told you about em.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

You got one heck of a deal! Yes you can bodge it to work , but the older spoolmatic guns are even easier. The New Miller 30A uses feedback to the newer Miller ( eg 210 & 251 ) power supplies to display the gun settings and run the on board micro processor in the power supply. I believe they sell an interface for use on other machines . I haven't got time to look it up but I think it is the "WC 24" I've got one kicking around here one one of my machines somewhere! Haven't seen it for a while, but that happens if you have too much stuff!.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

if any of you guys have a working basic mig wirefeed, let me know...

Ignoramus12948

Gunner,

Can you get pick me one of those as well? I can do PayPal, check or cash.

My dad has a Diesel Miller CV\CC welder that he only runs stick on right now. Would make a nice B-day present for him.

Thanks

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

my Subaru Engine Conversion Check
Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Bart D. Hull

Ive got to go back in there this coming week..but they had already sold several, the 2-3 weeks ago that I got mine, which is why I posted the name and who to talk to at that time.

Its likely they are all gone by now. But Ill certainly check!

Sorry yu missed the post.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Nice. (Darn, I'm just putting an EJ20 into a late (1978) VW Type 2)

Reply to
Balders

Yes, very nice, but too bad that many of the pages on his page were not accessible!

Ignoramus2645

Most of the pages are just not done yet, lots of placemarkers. Fuselage and Engine are what I'm working on right now.

Used the same Ignition/Fuel injection system on my brothers 1959 Ford Wagon 460 V-8. 800HP at the rear wheels (yep real dyno runs) with two t-4 turbos. Nice and reliable on pump gas. Needs more fuel as the dyno flatlines at 3250rpm and shows lean on the O2 sensor.

I'm shooting for less HP per cc than his motor and still shooting for

200hp continuous. An airplane is a much larger project than a car I can tell ya!

Bart

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

my Subaru Engine Conversion Check