Joining sterling Ag to stainless?

A friend is making some decorative dressage items and wants to join sterling silver to stainless steel.

I don't off hand know what temperature sterling silver melts at, but I have used silver solder, so I know it's not too high.

Any recommendations?

Jeff Dantzler

Reply to
Jeff Dantzler

Jeweler's silver solder, otherwise known as Hard solder. Harris makes a high temp silver solder flux that works pretty well on SS.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler