NGC torch question

I was scrounging around today and came across a rather neat little torch handle. Its made of black anodized aluminum with a chrome or stainless end where the mixer screws on. The wand(?) which screws into the mixer has an ID threaded hex end where the nozzle should be and no tip.

The only markings I can find are the letters FE and S stamped on the chrome/stainless end, and the words NCG Fuel and NCG Oxy on the two valves. While scrounging around in the box I found the brand new mixer and tip that screws into the mixer. The Mixer is marked NCG SXU EF

Im pretty sure that these go together.

There were 3 of these handles, all marked as having been rebuilt, with plastic caps on the fittings.

The closest thing I could find in the box to a nozzle, is a straight piece about 1/4" ID, that threads into the end of the tip but its just a straight piece of pipe type of thing with no orfices.

Its very light, balances like a dream, very slick.

What the dickens do I have? Where do I get the proper tip?

I gave $25 for it, and a Victor 315 handle with a CA 1050 cutting head on it. Like I needed another big, clunky awkward torch... As loose as the valves are on the Victor, I figure the o rings are shot....sigh

Any info on the NCG torch? I was told that these and a whole bunch of Lincoln/Miller/LTech NOS parts and rebuild parts for torches, came from the SteelCase company when they closed down in So. Cal.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where." Scipio

Reply to
Gunner

I believe NCG stands for National Carbonic Gas co. They were the forerunners of US Airweld, Oxweld and other large compressed gas companies. They all made/make torches to help sell the gas. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs