Ohio State University

Hi, I'm a welding engineering student at OSU, and I just stumbled upon this group a few days ago. I'm really excited to see some good topics and informed responses. The "destructive testing" thread was quite informative. I was wondering if there are any OSU alumnus posting on this group, or if you are all just experienced welders, or perhaps you graduated with an engineering degree from some other university, and just happen to work in the field of welding/joining. I hope this isn't too off topic. Thanks.

ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~Mark Lorenz~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Reply to
Mark Lorenz

22 years of welding experience and a BA in Theatre Tech from Purdue.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

informative.

No OSU here...I have a diploma from a technical college in the area in Welding...which includes fabrication and metalurgy...now work as a custom fabricator at a small company

and we do general repairs as well.

Doobie

Reply to
Doobie

Would you believe a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies? But then again, I am mostly an "asker" on this ng, not an "answerer"!

Welding, metalworking, and woodworking are my "therapy" after I've done too much reading and writing ...

Reply to
Andy Wakefield

Hi Group

I have been away from the group for about a year now been very busy but I did Graduate from NBCC moncton as a Welding Technologist.

The course was fun but it did keep me busy for about 15 hrs a day, I was very fortunate too have inherited around a hundred welding related books from a retired instructor. His collection went back as far as 1945 "Procedure Handbook for arc welding design and practice" I figure another year of reading to get through all the books.

One thing that happened at my current job which was good for a chuckle, while designing and fabricating a green house two stories up I had to retrieve a set of welding leads hung on an I beam. While about 20 ft away from the old structure walking the I beam I realised that I used to be afraid of heights, the walk back was a whole lot slower.

informative.

Reply to
John Noon