Pressure/ friction welding of two metals

I am working on some soft metal thin film and wire, i.e. gold wire bonding to gold thin film. We all know that when two soft metals put
together, they may easily "bonded" to each other by simply applying some presurre.
Meanwhile, I need some more therectical background/mechanism of this "presurre welding" phenomenon. Would anyone give me some references and
suggestions?
When you need more information about anything, always do a Google first IMHO
http://www.twi.org.uk/j32k/protected/band_3/ksedn002.html
http://www.huestismedical.com/productpgs/products_pwm.html
Richard

Oh~ Thanks very much. I'll have a look at the two book references first. ^^
universities who have matallurgy facilities (courseware) usually have a boat load of info. but as the other reply said, there's a ton of info already on the net about it.