Pressure/ friction welding of two metals

I am working on some soft metal thin film and wire, i.e. gold wire
bonding to gold thin film. We all know that when two soft metals put
together, they may easily "bonded" to each other by simply applying
some presurre.
Meanwhile, I need some more therectical background/mechanism of this
"presurre welding" phenomenon. Would anyone give me some references and
suggestions?
Reply to
Mandy
When you need more information about anything, always do a Google first IMHO
Richard
Reply to
AMW
universities who have matallurgy facilities (courseware) usually have a boat load of info. but as the other reply said, there's a ton of info already on the net about it.
Reply to
Kryptoknight
Oh~ Thanks very much. I'll have a look at the two book references first. ^^
Reply to
Mandy