Pressure/ friction welding of two metals

I am working on some soft metal thin film and wire, i.e. gold wire bonding to gold thin film. We all know that when two soft metals put together, they may easily "bonded" to each other by simply applying some presurre.

Meanwhile, I need some more therectical background/mechanism of this "presurre welding" phenomenon. Would anyone give me some references and

suggestions?

Reply to
Mandy

When you need more information about anything, always do a Google first IMHO

Richard

Reply to
AMW

universities who have matallurgy facilities (courseware) usually have a boat load of info. but as the other reply said, there's a ton of info already on the net about it.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Oh~ Thanks very much. I'll have a look at the two book references first. ^^

Reply to
Mandy