Another Business Question

Greetings all,

I attended a siminar today put on by the local Small Business Developement Center (SBDC) concerning SBA backed loans for existing and emerging businesses. Anyone had any recent dealings with either of these groups? The loan app. they walked us through was very simple, they seemed to be giving us good info on how to fill them out, what we needed to have set up right now and in the near future. I did not fill mine out since I am still in the info gathering stage, but they said that the time is almost up for these "Express loans". Just my luck.

So, if anyone can give me their opinion I would be most appreciative.

Regards, Jim C Roberts

Reply to
Jim C Roberts

I went to a scheduled meeting with SBA and I wouldn't get involved with them for anything. I went expecting some good, sound business advice on a venture I had in mind. All they wanted to do is loan me money with my good credit and signature on the dotted line. A supreme scam, in my opinion.

I asked for business guidance and it fell on deaf ears.

Reply to
knowone

SBDC usually has business students from a nearby college working with the center. (If not running the center.)

The help that you receive could be top notch text book help. But keep in mind it is "text book" help. Most people involved are either students or from the world of academics. The computer, accounting and metrics should be tops, but the overall business ideas may be suspect.

Reply to
NewsJunky

Watch stuff like interest rate and how it is calculated over time... Some of the Government loans for Schools - I heard were way out there and crazy. Kickback to the schools... kick in the head the student... Then there is Fannie Mae.....

Caution. Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

NewsJunky wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn