Project plans needed

I am in a welding class with my son.... The time is currently spent with basic education of MIG, O/A Welding, SMAW and maybe some TIG and use of a Plasma cutter.

I was thinking of building a slip roller for forming sheetmetal. I have found very few plans on the internet and most are vague at best. I also want to keep it small (

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

It isn't an URL, but there are plans in the June/July 2002 "Machinist's Workshop". The article is "Sheet Metal Roller" by Alan R. Swank. Looks very simple. It isn't exactly a slip roll, looks like you have to disassemble the top to remove your rolled piece (if it's rolled into a circle) and I don't think much of his instructions, but it looks like a good solid design and I'm considering making it myself.

It will roll up to 1/4" stock 10" wide by hand, or 10 gage stock 30" wide, or lighter, of course.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
glyford

-I've built something similar to this; saw the plans in Model Engineer, IIRC. Somewhere there's a downloadable keyword-searchable database that has all 100-plus years of articles indexed by name, author, etc.

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
Robert Ball

Would you consider scanning and sending these? I checked the local library and they don't have that publication in their archives. To purchase back copy and or buy plans off the internet would likely take longer than the number of classes left.

Brian bstrangATsbclobalDOTnet

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains