Pulsed MIG on Steel

I am pondering whether to buy an Inverter MIG with or without Pulse. We are mainly welding Mild Steel 1.6mm to 3.0mm. The choice comes down to Miller versus Esseti. Both good machines I believe. Any comments experiences welcome. Tks JA New Zealand

Reply to
Ihug

I am using Lincolns with pulse on mostly 6mm and heavier. The one thing I do notice is better control when welding out of the flat position which is rare. I also don't get the accidental undercut when I have the wire feed turned way up on a large horizontal fillet. Ours have synergic control so I can be pumped right up around 30 volts and then with one knob turn the thing down to 20 volts to weld thin tubing. It is sorta Cadillac but sure is nice. Randy

Reply to
Randy Zimmerman