Sealcor?

I snagged a tube of something called AllState Sealcor brazing rod this week. 1/8" x 36 long..probably 50 pieces in the tube. I was in Reliable Tool this week and they had some tig filler rods out..various types..mostly aluminum and mild steel (3/16"...big) but there was 10lbs of 1/16" Silicon Bronze and this tube of Sealcor.

So I snagged em both for $10...

Whats the Sealcor for? Is this the Magic Wonder Braze stuff that they sell on TV, or is this actually something that one can use for doing Real Stuff?

I figured the sil-bronze was a bargain...this stuff was icing

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Google says:-

A tubular flux cored bare electrode for joining some aluminum alloys.

For the price for both I'd say you done good, even at scrap prices :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Reply to
Potblak

How about I "braze" outside with maybe a fan running?

I wonder if I can use TIG with this?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

I have some and had very good luck with it using OA. I tried it with TIG, both A/C and D/C and it was not fun nor purdy. But then I am pretty new at TIG.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Not a good idea to use flux core consumables with TIG.

Ken

A guess, might be to low of a melting point for TIG.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Glenn wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn