Selecting tungsten electrodes for welding

"Selecting the proper tungsten electrodes will greatly improve weld quality and productivity while lowering costs
for your Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW/TIG) and Plasma Arc welding operations. Additionally, by selecting High- Quality Tungsten Electrodes you'll maximize Arc Starting and improve Arc Time..."
Continued: http://easyurl.net/TungstenElectrodes

Nice little add plug there. It points to a sales pitch on ebay with some basic info. Not very helpful. The best article on tungstens can be found at
http://www.pro-fusiononline.com/tungsten /
This was posted by somebody from Arc Zone, an online welding supplies dealer. I don't mind them posting informational articles, but it is not good to hide who is posting it.
Arc Zone is an OK online dealer. They do carry a wider variety of TIG stuff than most other stores, but their prices are a bit high.
Aglevtech has better prices on there eBay store.
All I have is 2% thoriated and never have to worry about which kind to use. Just which diameter. Maybe some day I will be able to test out the difference.
Fran

Aglevtech bought something from me a while ago.
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

His prices are not quite so amazing as they were last year, but still beat the local store. Sometimes he still has a real bargain, though. And, definitely a good guy to do business with.
Jon

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in