Selecting tungsten electrodes for welding

"Selecting the proper tungsten electrodes will greatly improve weld quality and productivity while lowering costs for your Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW/TIG) and Plasma Arc welding operations. Additionally, by selecting High- Quality Tungsten Electrodes you'll maximize Arc Starting and improve Arc Time..."

Continued:

DC

Nice little add plug there. It points to a sales pitch on ebay with some basic info. Not very helpful. The best article on tungstens can be found at

This was posted by somebody from Arc Zone, an online welding supplies dealer. I don't mind them posting informational articles, but it is not good to hide who is posting it.

Arc Zone is an OK online dealer. They do carry a wider variety of TIG stuff than most other stores, but their prices are a bit high.

Aglevtech has better prices on there eBay store.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

All I have is 2% thoriated and never have to worry about which kind to use. Just which diameter. Maybe some day I will be able to test out the difference.

Fran

Reply to
fran...123

Aglevtech bought something from me a while ago.

Reply to
Ignoramus22113

His prices are not quite so amazing as they were last year, but still beat the local store. Sometimes he still has a real bargain, though. And, definitely a good guy to do business with.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson