Need SS filler recommendation...

I have acquired some stainless SCUBA tank clamp bands that were made for
tanks a bit larger than the typical 80CF aluminum cylinders. I need to
cut them down and reweld them to use on my 80CF tanks. The SS alloy of
the bands is unknown. I need a recommendation on what SS filler to use
for TIGing them back together. I don't have any SS filler on hand, so I
have to go shopping no matter what the recommendation is.
Pete C.
Reply to
Pete C.
Loading thread data ...
They could be 304 SS, but to be safe use 316L or 317L filler.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.