Filler for Ducati "ALS 450" Alloy?

Hi all,

I have to weld a broken footpeg mounting tab on a Ducati 996 motorcycle. The frame is made of steel alloy that Ducati calls "ALS 450." What filler rod, I wonder, should I be using?

I haven't found any references to ALS 450 outside of Ducati brochures, so I assume it's a marketing term like "Retsyn."

I would guess the frame is 4130, but that's just a guess. Does anyone know for sure?



Reply to
Loading thread data ...

go to

formatting link

and buy some ER80S-B2.

Great stuff for welding 4130.

I have fixed a few Ducati frames as well. I used Hastelloy W filler at the time. The stuff never broke.

Hastelloy W is great when you have to fix other peoples' bad welds. It just flows in a floats all the crap out.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.