TIG Filler rod named "MG710"?

I have some TIG filler rod labeled MG710, 5/32" thick. This is some kind of a steel material, but it looks like it is not "mild steel" but something else. It seems more springy. Any one? Ernie?

Reply to
Ignoramus15187

DAGS. Not hat difficult to find, really. Tool steel...

MG 710

? Most universal alloy for high impact and high abrasion resistance. ? Deposit is that of an air-hardening tool steel. ? Excellent cold trimming characteristics. ? Multiple passes can be made without cracks.

Ecnerwal

Sounds like it's used for hardfacing or repair of implements subject to impact / abrasion. What do they mean about cold trimming characteristics, though? I wouldn't think a material with the first characteristics you mentioned would be easy to machine....

Reply to
TinLizziedl