low price MIG welders

I'm trying to set up a MIG welder for steel and aluminum but have a very limited budget. Here's what I have in mind:

1 tank Argon 1 tank CO2

The welders I have been looking at are: Hobart Handler 135 Lincoln Pro 135 Astro 130 Clarke EN 130

The Clarke is by far the cheapest. Does anyone have any experience with Clarke? Is the price difference that noticeable? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Larry

Reply to
CH

For steel, all the machines you list are capable. If your intent on doing aluminum, consider a ReadyWelder I or II if you already have a buzz box with DC output. Gives you MIG and flux flexibility with the advantages of a spool gun for the aluminum.

My 2 cents (I own a Hobart 135 and a ReadyWelder II)

Jim Vrzal Holiday,Fl.

CH wrote:

Reply to
mawdeeb