QUESTION ABOUT QUALITY OF HOBART MIG WELDERS

It's been rumored that Lincoln now owns Hobart, and the quality of the Hobart machine isn't what it used to be. Any truth to that rumor?

I'm needing a little more welder than the Millermatic 135, and have seen Hobart machines for less $ than Millers or Lincolns. Thanks! Ronnie

Reply to
Ronnie

And I have seen HF and Ming Ling welder$ for a lot le$$ ca$h than Millers and Lincolns.

You get what you pay for. Buy quality, and cry only once. Or just keep buying pieces of ****. It's up to you.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Miller (not Lincoln) bought Hobart. The Hobarts now look just like Millers, though they sometimes lack a couple of minor features. I expect that they are the same basic machines.

Reply to
Don Foreman