Soldering,Mig/Tig Continuous jointing Stainless Steel

Hello there,

My Question's are about continuous jointing of 0.9mm Stainless Steel, all hints and tips will be received gratefully, the specific points of these questions are Material for jointing Solder, Flux, Mig/Tig Wire, Gas, Soldering Iron. What is the best way of preparing the joint area for soldering etc.. These joints are decorative not at all required to withstand any kind of stress other that its own weight which will be less than a 1 lb.

Thanking you Oliver Norris

Reply to
Oliver Norris

Check these out.

Ernie Leimkuhler

Hi There Ernie Thank you for your suggestion, That page seems to be having a lot of down time from my side of the world.

All suggestions and tips re soldering these joints are very welcome especially how to hold the steel at right angles. Thanking you Oliver Norris"Ernie Leimkuhler"

Reply to
Oliver Norris

Zinc Chloride flux and a low temp tin solder will also work.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Reply to
Oliver Norris

I've had good luck doing similar work with Harris silver bearing "Sta Brite" solders. The don't discolor, and even bond reasonably well to chrome.

IIRC They have it in both 4% and 8% silver, melt at about 415 F, and are about 15kpsi in strength.

Reply to
Mark Stonich

Thank you for that Mark all help & Hints are appreciated...

Reply to
Oliver Norris