Goooo

What is the best cleaner to remove Gooo; i.e. sticky stuff from tape, contact adhesives, old masking tape, etc.... ?? From both work pieces and hands ...

Thanks in advance ... and I promise not to "HOLD YOU TO IT" if you have the remover!

Reply to
Jeff Klein

Hi,

WD-40 works great for this, Spray, wait a little...comes right off !

Regular paint thinner ( mineral spirits ) also works well...

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

Add Goo Gone (not Goof Off) to your list. Also add citrus based hand cleaner.

DanG

Reply to
James Arnold

There is some stuff called GOOP in the paint isles at the paint shop. that dose just what you ask it will even take paint out ... Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom Derrenbacher

Mineral Spirits - Wal-Mart for very cheap. That stuff takes crap of all kinds off painted surfaces without hurting them. It also takes gum from carpet and kid's hair without hurting them. I use it for all sorts of stuff. band-aid sticky remover, bug and tar removal, general clean up, film off kitchen cupboards, you name it.

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Product called "goo gone" works reasonably well...if you can stand the stink.

Reply to
MKloepster

I needed some "Safety-Clean" solvent in Hawaii and called them to see why I never saw the trucks there.... the very informative lady on the other end told me that Hawaii was just not cost-effective for them due to environmental controls, but that Safety-Clean solvent is essentially mineral spirits with some color and scent agents in it.... I bought 5 gallons and have been using it ever since. M/S is great stuff, and yes, it will take out all the stuff mentioned below.... And then some....

r/ Steve

Reply to
SPR