Thermal Arc 185 Tig Machine on a Generator?

Anyone used their 185TSW on a 5KW or smaller generator?

I'm thinking of buying either one of these or a used older Syncrowave 250.

Since the 185 only weights 45 lbs and the Syncrowave weights 400 lbs it looks like the 185 could actually go out to my construction project on a small island where there is only my 5kW 220/120VAC genset (and a little 40Wsolar panel)

By the way Aire Liquide Canada tells me that the 185TSW isn't CSA approved in Canada yet - anyone found any of these in Canada?

- Graham

Reply to
Graham Parkinson