Thermal Arc 185 TSW torch switch

As others have stated before, the Thermal Arc 185 TSW has to have a
torch switch hooked up to use the sequencing features.
from the manual which is available for download at:

Socket Pin Function
1 Earth (Ground)
2 Torch Switch Input (24V) to energize weld current.
(connect pins 2 & 3 to turn on welding current)
3 Torch Switch Input (0V) to energize weld current
(connect pins 2 & 3 to turn on welding current)
4 Connect pin 4 to pin 8 to instruct machine that a remote current
control
device is connected (12V DC supply)
5 5k ohm (maximum) connection to 5k ohm remote control potentiometer
6 Zero ohm (minimum) connection to 5k ohm remote control
potentiometer
7 Wiper arm connection to 5k ohm remote control potentiometer
8 Connect pin 4 to pin 8 to instruct machine that a remote current
control
device is connected (0V)
I would guess that the torch switch hooks up to pins 2 and 3, the same
as the switch in the foot pedal, but without the pin 4 to 8 jumper
which instructs the machine that a remote current control is connected.
If this is true, you could also use the switch in the foot pedal to
initiate sequencing if you disconnected the pin 4 to 8 junper.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Harold
Reply to
harold.kroeker
Harold:
I asked the same question on the Hobart board....see this thread for the answer
the issue is discussed in messages #110 through #112. Pin 2 and 3 is all you apparently need for the button.
snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:
Reply to
bc12_rider
Thanks for the confirmation. I ordered the correct AMP connector, pins and pin insertion tool so that I can make my own torch switch. I discovered that I can't remove the jumper without the pin tool so I guess I will have to wait until my order arrives.
Harold
bc12 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
Reply to
harold.kroeker