Titanium Wire Sticking

I am welding .020"-.050" Titanium fillets for a weld test. No burn-through or suck-back allowed. Full root penetration to x-ray spec. When running the bead, the rod tends to "stick" to the fillet sides as I pull the rod away from the puddle. Any tips to minimize this effect? Increasing the amperage tends to cause above weld failures. Any help would be appreciated...thanks...PAF.

Reply to
Paul Fairley

Rod: 1. The rod is being fed at toooo great an angle.

  1. Or the rod is toooo large. (That's what she said ;)
  2. Or there is tungsten contamination, *ALWAYS* break off the tungsten below the *BLUE* contaminated mark, and grind with a wheel that is *DEDICATED* to tungsten only. Make sure to finish grind the tungsten in a *VERTICAL* position. -- Rod Ryker... The intricacies of nature is man's cannon fodder.
Reply to
Rod Ryker