Top Ten signs your a weld-a-holic!

do any of these apply to you??

  1. Seriously thought of selling a kidney for equipment 9. accidentally wore your welding helmet to bed... twice 8. your childs first word was "Miller" (or Lincoln) 7. have burn scars on top of feet from welding in sandals 6. welding supply store clerk knows more about you than your wife 5. neighbors house lights "flicker" from you 4. you have picked food out between your teeth with mig wire 3. you have a 00. tig set up, and your car is only worth 00. 2. you actually tried to tig weld braces for your kids teeth and the number ONE sign your a welding nut... 1. you named your first born "Ernie"
Reply to
wallster

Yep, been there.

If I was married, that would worry me.

Got me there.

Yep, and there.

I don't really know how to take that, but I will CHOOSE to take it as a compliment. :-)

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

ABSOLUTLY! you are the master big guy! walt

Reply to
wallster

I will go for #7 ,

but rest sound a bit extreme, #1 is sw>>

Reply to
acrobat-ants

only trying to add a little chuckle here with the list. my wife says i spend all my time in the garage with my equipment (figured an extreme list was a little funny, we could all relate a little since we all share the same interest). The Ernie line was meant in fun (no disrespect!), everybody here has learned something from Ernie. No more humor from me, i'll be all business! : )

walt

Reply to
Walt

no , no............ humor is all good :-)

here is one

#11 booking a trip to Ernie's home town, to meet in person with a TIG guru.

:-)

Reply to
acrobat-ants

I must ask that people book these trips far in advance and try to schedule them with eachother so we don't get too much overlap. We have limited parking space on the mountain top, so using the airport shuttle bus is recommended.

Also when you bring the offerings of diet squirt and sausages, please leave them on the appropriate altar, and not on the ground outside the cave. I find it very annoying to shamble out of my cave only to find I have stepped on my breakfast.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

How many of you have little white polka dots here and there from dingleberries? Mine really shine when I get a little red from the sun, or take some medication that makes my skin flush. I really didn't realize how many I had until I was sitting out the other day in shorts, with my legs crossed. I could count about twenty on my right calf alone. And that doesn't even count for the two third degree puppies I got from running into red hot metal.

Dingleberry scars. A true sign, I guess. That, and those cute little Comeaux hats ...................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hmmmm. around here a scar from a dingleberry would be a PITA!

Les

Reply to
PIW

Greetings all,

I have one addition to submit. You have permenant "coon eyes" from tack welding in clear safety glasses using the close-your-eyes-and-let-it-fly method.

Whatcha think??

Jim

Reply to
Jim C Roberts