Using 7018 Rod (re: recent welding thread)

7018 - Low Hydrogen; AC or DC electrode positive; iron powder; all positions 7024 - not low hydrogen; DC either polarity; AC; iron powder.

IIRC, 7024 can be run hotter, has more iron powder, and is used more for flat welding.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Pretty dang good.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB
20 or more years ago I bought some Sodel 1413 that was really nice to use, went on like butter, and was at least as goood as 7018, IIRC. I was never able to find any more once I ran out. Its only flaw was being a bit hard to strike. Anyone else ever used it?

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam