Welding Newbie Needs Guidance

Gentlemen:

I'm looking to learn the most cost-effective way to weld aluminum/steel tubing. I intend to build lightweight structural frames/enclosures for pontoon boats and other applications. I would also like to be able to fabricate flatbed trailers for hauling autos.

All advice appreciated.

Jack.

Reply to
Jack M. King

Get yourself a Millermatic 251 MIG machine with the Miller 30A spoolgun. A bottle of C25 gas for steel and a bottle of Argon for aluminum.

Find a local welder to tutor you and away you go.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Get yourself a " bender " an a calculator to figure out your bend radius dimensions . This way you will cut down on the number of welds that you make and your work will have the professional look .

Over the years I spent a lot of time trying to find the best weave, only now that I have a constant shake do I feel content !

Reply to
Lewis Edwards