Welding through dykem?

Any thoughts on welding through dykem markings? This is stick welding with

7014, mild steel, and a fillet weld (the flat piece is coated with dykem so I can see the alignment mark for the square tubing).

I *could* use some solvent to wipe it off after I have the pieces clamped together, but I'd just as soon rather not if I can avoid it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Thanks Gunner, I was hoping that was the case.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Stick won't care about Dykem.

TIG would care, but MIG and stick don't.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie, that is good to know.

Jon