Haas VF1 mill pre-setter

Hello All,

I am working with the VF1 mill with a pre-setter. I am trying to figure out how to use the thing. Here is what I know so far: It is mounted on the table. :\

I need some serious help. Would any of you fine gents help a brother out?

Thanks!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I Have 3 Haas equipped with presseters, Are they OMP-40 or similar type? Do you also have a spindle probe? is there a unit mounted on the backwall inside and to the right of the column?

Let me know, and we'll take it from there. If you have the above mentioned equipmennt, it's amazing what all you can do with it! I cannot live without all that!! Regards.

how to use the thing. Here is what I know so far: It is mounted on the table. :\

Reply to
Bubu Hatachman

how to use the thing. Here is what I know so far: It is mounted on the table. :\

You are using some big words here. Remember you can always set the tool length by hand, it takes less than 2 minutes per tool. Unless you do some clever production with tool length wear compensation or blending 2 tools in a running job.

If you are the owner of that machine cool down, this machine runs fine without the presetter. If you are an employee ask your employer to train you if he wants it used. If he is not bothered to do that why should you care?

To use a presetter you need a program to set your tool lengths. If you don't have the program and use one you find on the net there is a big chance you will crash the presetter and the tool.

I believe the program should have a G31 in it, look in the machine memory, you might find one. If you find one DO NOT RUN IT, figure out what it does first.

Best course for action is to get a Haas service engineer to set it up and explain you how to use it. If that is not worth it then put it on ebay.

DanP

Reply to
DanP