a beer muffler

Hi I saw abeer bottle muffler in the Toledo shaw. can anyone tell me if he has any expiriense with it, and know how to make them Tnx Dan

Reply to
dan

Robert Reynolds

I made one once. Kinda like a mousse can pipe but I used a Bud aluminum beer can. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

=D7=98=D7=98-

he used a Bud aluminum beer bottle (not a regular can) I dont know how it works but he says it works

Reply to
dan

he used a Bud aluminum beer bottle (not a regular can) I dont know how it works but he says it works

Yes, a "bottle" I had mine on a TT61 Pro and in my poinion it didn't have enough volume. It ran like it had a too small tuned pipe. What engine was it for? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

he had 2 models of muffler. one for engine up to ~90 and a longer one for 1.10 and more. they were both made from the material .the amaller (shorter) was of about 35-40 cm long

Reply to
dan

Here is a picture of the Muffler, I thought it was neat so I took a picture of it.

JeffRo

Do you remember if there is a stinger or small tube exiting the back end? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:57:15 -0500, "MJKolodziej" wrote in :

It seems to me that I can see the stinger.

It's pointing toward the camera.

About 1/4 of the way up the curve down at the tail end.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

ah ah. What size does that engine look like.(.46?) It's on a profile but I do have a large profile plane. The OP says it's for a .90..........that is a long header, might work. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Here is a Picture of the Plane if that will help.

Thanks Jeff

Reply to
JeffRo

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:50:33 -0400, "JeffRo" wrote in :

You might be able to contact Dave Brawley through RCU:

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

That worked out well. Here's the reply from David Brawley:

Its my airplane. its a 67 inch fusion ARF that was stripped to the base and monokote design laid on. Its a copy of John McNees's 79 inch Amsoil Yak that is in Aerofly pro simulator. I am sponsored by Fromeco and it was a display plane for them...but now its my everyday flyer.

Right now there is no plans to offer this graphic design in an ARF

The muffler is hand made and the pipe is a macs long pipe. Muffler is beer cans. Motor is Super Tigre .90 with 15x4 prop. the graphics are all machine made.

Havent worked out the kinks on the muffler setup yet though, it lacks some midrange. I ran this on an OS160 and it was great, but on the .

90 its a bit too much pipe, so we are tweaking it. Plane is Ohio Model Products Fusion, which is the best flying profile I have ever flown. Just used JB weld on the muffler. with brass pipe as stinger but again we are having issues with it.

Servos are standard JR821's on a spektrum

The landing gear and wheel pants are custom made as well but you can use any wheel pants. the Gear is made by a buddy that does them ever now and then in lots of 4.

Contact OMP through their website and order the fusion ARF 67 inch and strip it to the china cote and do your own thing too if you like. I think the ARF is about 250 dollars. good value. plane is straight as a board and will fly pattern as good as my 1/3 scale suky and hover like a foamie. It rolls like a drill bit and will snap and recover as fast as you can hit the sticks.

If you are a good pilot, put some faster servos on it and it will dance. something like a 6xxx hitec or an 8411 JR. My friend has an OS.91 2 stroke on his, and I have to say it is more powerful. the ultimate setup on this plane is a YS 110. It will do a climbing flat spin with a YS.

Dave

MJKolodziej

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:01:27 -0500, "MJKolodziej" wrote in :

Nice work, MK!

I'd say that answers all the questions, and then some!

Marty

Martin X. Moleski, SJ