AMA rules re my DIY radio

But you only went to the web. Try going to the library and looking into the FCC regs. All of them.

Warned you to be careful. Nothing more. If that bothers you, then just be careless.

You experiment in your garage or workshop. The range on 2.4ghz is short. You won't be bothering a soul if it is all wrong. But without any surety that it is all right, would you really risk taking it to a contest or flying field where it might affect othes and their expensive equipment? My original answer to you was a cautionary one. It turned into a belly bucking contest by the rabid dogs who inhabit this newsgroup. Don't swallow their nonsense.

Yes.

You cannot just do it in a public place where you might affect others without certifying that you won't affect them. Do you see the point yet? It should be a real no brainer even if there really are no restrictions, as you believe. Yes, you BELIEVE that there are none but there are hundreds of regulations that apply to ALL frequencies and bands. You do seem to be glossing over those.

They are brave and bold. Some of their stuff will knock out TV reception for blocks.

Nothing wrong with that but do you realize that using the band along side of spread spectrum stuff might cause issues depending on where you are situated in the band? Applying spread spectrum to your project is not easy at all.

There are thousands of regulations to go over for any project even on the unlicensed bands. As I have repeatedly said, the band is not unregulated - just has no license restrictions. You will never shove my nose into anything. Trust me on that one. If you get so worked up over this that you do something that might get you into trouble later, you have only yourself to blame.

And I am still correct. Like it or not.

Perhaps I am just braver than most. The one person who is most qualified in this bunch has stopped commenting. I suggest it's because he knows I'm right and doesn't want to suffer any abuse.

By the way, to do it simply because I warned you about consequences is the dumbest reason on earth. Find a better reason. Seriously.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Of course. You have ignored regulations that apply to ALL bands and focused on the relaxed regulations regarding licensing.

No, and I won't. I'm not your research assistant. You couldn't afford me and I don't waste my time like you seem to do. I do not suffer fools like you for long. You're getting more attention than most because you do seem like a genuinely nice guy even though you don't provide me with an e-mail address to contact you with. If you did, I might provide you with personal references that would give you more confidence in what I tell you. But then, you are a fool at the moment.

But you could get better.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray Haddad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I learned a long time ago not to post with my real email address.

Look in my signature below. There you will find a link to my personal website. On that page you will find my email address.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 14:34:18 -0500, "Morgans" wrote in :

Heh heh. I was opposed to him in that thread, too. I'm pretty sure I've got a quart of MEK on my work shelves.

Good memory, JS!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I wasn't paying attention. Mea culpa.

I'm terribly busy now that the business day has come upon Australia so I will contact you later.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

in :

Hey, I would have brought it up but figured by now all those in favor of it were dead. Glad you're not.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

| Full telemetry in the 2.4ghz band is a cakewalk today compared to the | way it was 10 years ago. Spread spectrum is not. It requires precise | timing, code hopping algorithms and fast processors.

Of course, many full telemetry setups used today in 2.4 GHz do use spread spectrum.

And if somebody is going to make something that uses spread spectrum themselves nowadays, they'll probably just use an off-the-shelf module of some sort -- let somebody else worry about the "precise timing, code hopping algorithms and fast processors".

And spread spectrum isn't THAT difficult. At the simplest level, remember -- it was invented in the '40s. Modern stuff is better, of course.

Reply to
Doug McLaren