ATTN: AMA CDs and Competition Fliers

AMA has decided that the AMA Competitions Regulations (Rule-Book) will no longer be distributed:

"The 2005-2006 Competition Regulations are being posted section by section to this web site. Page numbers are subject to change. Certain sections may contain parts of other sections of the Competition Regulations that are not yet posted. Please ignore these incomplete sections. Following this initial posting of the publication work will continue to be done to improve the product. Eventually each section will be a completely separate and properly formatted document.

Control Line Speed Control Line Racing Control Line Navy Carrier Radio Control Combat Electric RC Soaring Indoor Free Flight Radio Control Helicopter Radio Control Racing Radio Control Aerobatics No printed version will be automatically mailed to the membership. Members unable to print from the web may obtain an unbound three-hole punched copy by sending a check for $2.50/ section to the AMA Competitions Department.

Reply to
CainHD

So what it says is anyone can download them for free off the web. If you want AMA to spend it's money to print and mail you a set of rules, it's going to cost you a whopping $2.50. I don't have a problem with this. Better than having a bunch of copies collecting dust somewhere.

Reply to
John Alt

Horrace,

Do you honestly think it will do any good?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Good for them. As a non-competing member I'm glad to see that they have found a way to save money, but provide the book to those with a need, for a small, but reasonable fee.

Reply to
C G

Stillman, Brown, Koranda

Gentlemen,

No longer distributing a hard copy (free) of the AMA Competitions Regulations makes a lot of sense. I find having it in searchable format on the AMA web page a real advantage when trying to look up something. Save a copy on a lap top and have it available at the event when issues come up. Glad to see we are moving along to take advantage of the "new tools" we have been provided.

Red Scholefield AMA 951 CD/Leader Member District V

SNIP

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Here, here! Well said Red. Time for some financial responsibility. This should be one of many steps to curtail unnecessary expenses when there is technology able to get it faster, cheaper and more widely available to those who want it, when they need it. Howard Hosenbold AMA 5299 CD, Osceola Flyers, Kissimmee, Fl. District V

----- Original Message ----- From: "Red Scholefield" Newsgroups: rec.models.rc.air Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 4:51 PM Subject: Re: AMA CDs and Competition Fliers

Reply to
Howard

I agree with all but you last clause. There is nothing "small, but reasonable" about $45 a copy.

The correct answer is $2.50 PER SECTION (18 of them).

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

What? No laptop? Oh goodness how can one possibly study the event rules when setting on the crapper? Oh yes -- how 'dump' of me? On the LAP!! (;-)) At least if caught in the Porta-Potty, the book can possibly come in handy for other situations.

Yes, Charles, the next thing from the "Elites' is that you cannot fly at all without a Futaba14MZ.

It certainly is easy to see who spends their time on the computer rather than out CDing and/or participating in events. The good thing is that so few are posting their gratitude for the AMA's ruling. Maybe the real fliers are saying something important to those that can make a difference.

Reply to
CainHD

Makes me ever more appreciative of having my own field. No AMA dictating to me. And the endless ramblings of those being shafted are humorous at worse.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

You can't imagine how the rest of us appreciate you having your own field.

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Hey Red! Is that the mysterious, wonderful field that no one knows where it is and he won't tell?

Dr1

Reply to
Dr1

hehe!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Probably the field of DREAMS!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

No where near as much as I do Red! No where near as much!

Reply to
Chuck Jones