HELP to get newsgroups in new ISP ??

Can anyone help me to find out how to get this newsgroup through my new ISP (Peoplepc.com)? It appears that the "wonderful" AOL will no longer support them & coincidentally, we just recently broomed AOL for the new ISP! I am looking for information as to how to access this group on the new ISP. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo

On their homepage, type Usenet into the search bar. You can also send an email to tech support. I'm not sure about these guys being a step up from AOL, though. There's just something wrong with an ISP that puts horoscopes on it's homepage.

Reply to
John Alt

If that doesn't work, search for "nntp server". Then point your newsreader at that server.

HOROSCOPES?!?!?

Run, don't walk, to another ISP.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

I don't see any instructions in their public pages.

Look carefully through the information that they send you when you register. There ought to be something about Usenet and/or newsgroups.

I buy my news from newsguy.com. I had to set Agent to look at . If peoplepc is set up the same way, you may be able to get your news from .

Let us know what yo find out.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

What newsreader are you using? Usually, you can get to the newsgroups by setting the newsreader to look at news.yourisp.com

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Thanks to all who responded, I'll give all suggestions a try. Ray

Reply to
CRAngelo

Thanks again guys!!!! This posting is from my new ISP.

Reply to
Ray

Thanks again guys!!!! This posting is from my new ISP.

Reply to
Ray

try

You can read and post there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Congratulations!

What was the secret?

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

The header says google groups. I hate their new beta. I think the old groups layout is still available through google.ca

Reply to
John Alt