HELP to get newsgroups in new ISP ??

Can anyone help me to find out how to get this newsgroup through my new
ISP (Peoplepc.com)? It appears that the "wonderful" AOL will no longer support
them & coincidentally, we just recently broomed AOL for the new ISP! I am
looking for information as to how to access this group on the new ISP. Any
information is greatly appreciated.
Ray
Reply to
CRAngelo
On their homepage, type Usenet into the search bar. You can also send an email to tech support. I'm not sure about these guys being a step up from AOL, though. There's just something wrong with an ISP that puts horoscopes on it's homepage.
Reply to
John Alt
If that doesn't work, search for "nntp server". Then point your newsreader at that server.
HOROSCOPES?!?!?
Run, don't walk, to another ISP.
Reply to
Grant Edwards
I don't see any instructions in their public pages.
Look carefully through the information that they send you when you register. There ought to be something about Usenet and/or newsgroups.
I buy my news from newsguy.com. I had to set Agent to look at . If peoplepc is set up the same way, you may be able to get your news from .
Let us know what yo find out.
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ
What newsreader are you using? Usually, you can get to the newsgroups by setting the newsreader to look at news.yourisp.com
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Thanks to all who responded, I'll give all suggestions a try. Ray
Reply to
CRAngelo
Thanks again guys!!!! This posting is from my new ISP.
Reply to
Ray
Thanks again guys!!!! This posting is from my new ISP.
Reply to
Ray
try
You can read and post there.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Congratulations!
What was the secret?
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ
The header says google groups. I hate their new beta. I think the old groups layout is still available through google.ca
Reply to
John Alt