Battery question

I have a few 9.6v packs but dont have much use for them now so if I take an 8 cell 9.6v 1000Mah and split it down the middle will it make two

4.8v 1000Mah?, splitting them is no problem as they have metal strip connectors which I can cut in two and solder wires to with a new plug so no need to apply heat to the cells,

regards, Terry

Reply to
Terence Lynock (MSW)

| I have a few 9.6v packs but dont have much use for them now so if I take | an 8 cell 9.6v 1000Mah and split it down the middle will it make two | 4.8v 1000Mah?, splitting them is no problem as they have metal strip | connectors which I can cut in two and solder wires to with a new plug so | no need to apply heat to the cells,

Yes.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

The message from "Doug McLaren" contains these words:

Thanks Doug, saves me the expense of buying receiver batteries should I need them, if this works then removing two cells will give me a spare

7.2 volt for backup too,

regards, Terry

Reply to
Terence Lynock (CSD)