bent foamie

Glue a carbon fiber rod or tube down its length

to stiffen it

use low temp hot melt glue

nose to tail end..

Reply to
sfrank69

I have an electric RTF made of a standard-looking white foam that has a bend in the fuselage between the back of the wing and the front of the stabilizers. Is there a good way to straighten this material without a great risk of ruining it? Thanks for any advice rr

Reply to
tired bob

This may help, give it a try. Cut a small hole in the bottom of the fuse under the bend. Make the hole big enough to slip a small balloon into the fuse. Blow the balloon up slowly till the fuse takes the required shape, Than glue some stiffeners along the side. The trouble you might run into would maybe damaging the pushrod in the fuse. As an alternative, you may be able to slip the balloon in at the wing opening. Dick

Reply to
rjpalace

I get the impression that its a profile for some reason.

This may help, give it a try. Cut a small hole in the bottom of the fuse under the bend. Make the hole big enough to slip a small balloon into the fuse. Blow the balloon up slowly till the fuse takes the required shape, Than glue some stiffeners along the side. The trouble you might run into would maybe damaging the pushrod in the fuse. As an alternative, you may be able to slip the balloon in at the wing opening. Dick

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gslkui$jq0$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Fast set gorrilla glue and scab on patch panels...works for me

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gslkui$jq0$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Whats particularly wrong with the Profile foamies??

Just curious as a mate has one and it seems to be fine (not that I know a lot about these things though!)

Cheers Dre

Reply to
Dre

It's a bit difficult to stuff a balloon into a "profile".

Reply to
Chuck

I did not see where tired/mister bob mentions which "parkzone" he had. Bob? What you got? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

I don't see in this original post that he is talking about his plane being profile. dick

Reply to
rjpalace

He didn't. I just assumed because of the description of a bent fuse as opposed to crumpled or crushed. I still think its a profile from his description.

Dan

I don't see in this original post that he is talking about his plane being profile. dick

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

It's the ParkZone Typhoon 2 3d. (I should've listened to the LHS owner who tried to sell me something less radical instead. I assumed this would fly nice and slow, and it can, but it responds to the controls, even with the control horns at minimum reach, too rapidly for me.) Anyway, the problem is that the warping puts the tail out of parallel with the wing, so it looks a bit like a cartoon airplane making a turn. And of course it doesn't want to fly straight. The fuselage is solid with servos and rods external. The vertical stabilizer is one piece with the fuselage. I don't know how it got this way -- I noticed it before flying but didn't think it was as bad as I think now. I tried testing heat on a trashed fuse, and you can imagine how that worked. Haven't tried soaking it in hot water but i have a feeling the heat wouldn't get through and solve the problem. How about just weighting it for a week? That's the next thing I plan to try but I'm not optimistic. Actually I may have to just offset the horizontal stabilizer and try to trim the problem away (Straighten Up and Fly Right? Nat King Cole for anybody?). Who knows, stranger things work sometimes. Thanks for the responses. rr

Reply to
tired bob

It's not profile. My fault -- I should have said it was warped rather than bent or given a better description of the plane. rr

Reply to
tired bob

I goggled it to see what it looks like. Read the last line just before "Features" :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

heh. i wonder if rolling it fast enough would twist it into a helix. rr

Reply to
tired bob