Zenoah Gas engine help

Could someone tell me the best gas to use for the zenoah g20 gas engine. I heard that using white fuel was the best.(Lantern Fuel). Has anyone every heard of this and could you help me Gary

Reply to
Gary BenDavid

NOT LANTERN FUEL!

Use 87 octane automotive gas mixed with the right oil and you are good to go.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Ed Cregger

So buying higher octane is not good? mk

"Six_O'Clock_High" >

> View this thread:

MJKolodziej

Not effective unless it is avgas and then there are engine cooling issues.

Sorry, I was thinking of some playing around I did and the results I learned. Ed is right. Lantern fuel CAN be used, but it will mess up carb adjustments SIGNIFICANTLY and orphan you if you happen to run out of fuel at the field.

IF you must use it and run to the issues Ed mentioned, simply rejetting the carb (as is done with large gassers folks want to use glow fuel in) should solve the problems. Note that YOU get to do the research on which jets to use by trial and error because the engine maker won't have the info. It can get expensive.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Coleman fuel AKA White Gas or Naptha works just fine in my G26. I have been running it for about 4 years. I mix with Amsoil 100:1 synthetic oil at about 75:1. I started with regular car gas and the wife complained of the smell so switched to White Gas. I had to adjust the high speed needle 1/8 of a turn. I can't remember if it was richer or leaner. I didn't notice any significant power change either higher or lower. After 4 years the engine still delivers full power. One other advantage to White Gas is that it doesn't go bad like pump gas. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Reply to
ve7eje