Bum memory...

I am trying to install G2 on my newest computer. The install program wants me to give it a serial number from a sticker on the jewel case. There is no
sticker. Something about this sounds familiar, but I can't remember what - yet.
Is the serial number actually elswhere to be found - like in the owner's manual, if there is one? Thanks.
Ed Cregger
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:15:52 -0500, Ed Cregger wrote:

On the back of the pseudo 'transmitter' I think. (Interlink serial number)
In extreme case, e-mail the help desk, or even call...and convince them this is not a pirate copy :-)

I have the Interlink number from the back of the TX, but I also need another number for the box to work that lets me go to the next phase of the install.
It seems to me that there was a "trick" to the process that eludes me at the moment. I'm not really interested in upgrading to G3 at this point, so if this doesn't work, I'll probably give FMS a shot. I've spent too much this year on toys, if you know what I mean?
Thanks.
Ed Cregger

I just downloaded FMS and got it working in less than ten minutes. That's fast for this old fart.
Not bad!
Ed Cregger
t. I've spent too much this

Amen. mk
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black Cregger. You're always berating others for trying to pirate software, and you're doing the same thing.
How do I know you're a pirate? Every piece of software comes with a serial number or installation code even your MS Windows calls for one when it's first installed on the hard drive. If you hadn't stolen or copied the software, you'd know this. For shame!
Ciao,
Mr Akimoto
| How do I know you're a pirate? Every piece of software comes with a | serial number or installation code
Since when? Perhaps many do, but certainly not all or even most.
And even when there is a code, sometimes it's forgotten, or put in a place different than where the instructions say. It's rare, but it does happen.
| even your MS Windows calls for one when it's first installed on the | hard drive.
Well then. If Windows does it, ALL software must do it.
But as far as RFG2 goes, I'm aware of no `trick' that prevents you from needing the key, beyond a cracked copy. I usually write these keys onto the cd itself whenever I get software like this (spit!) so I don't lose the key even if the case itself is lost.
Of course, at least the version of RFG2 I have (it came with a gameport TX, so it was a while ago) won't even run on modern hardware without some patches, and you can't get the patches without registerring the software. It's amazing the levels of copy protection this program has --
-- you need the original CD, of course. And it's copy protected. The game won't run without the CD in the drive.
-- there's a cd key.
-- if you have addons, it'll occasionally ask you to put them in to verify that you still have them.
-- the transmitter is basically a hardware dongle -- can't really use the program properly without it, though you can do some things with the old G2 and a joystick.
-- if you have the USB TX or the parallel port adapter, that has it's own serial number that must be entered, and it absolutely does work as a hardware dongle. (The Interlink version of G2 will NOT run without the Interlink controller.)
-- at least with the version I have, it won't even work on modern computers without updates, and you can't get the updates until you've registered the software.
About the only thing it doesn't do is phone home periodically or install some sort of root kit. (Perhaps G3 does.)
| If you hadn't stolen or copied the software, you'd know this. For | shame!
IHBT.
"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things

Chump,
If you would take your head out of your ass for long enough to see clearly, you'd have noticed in Ed's OP that he HAS the jewel case but there isn't a sticker on it. Jeez, maybe the sticker fell off huh? You would also have noticed that he HAS the G2 tx which is impossible to "pirate."
Mr Doc

Thanks, Mr. Doc.
Not to worry, Akimoto is just having fun. I think...? <G>
Ed Cregger

Just having a little fun with the trolls myself Ed!
Doc

Around here, reading Akimoto has become the high point of the NG. It's always a disappointment when he don't show up. Bill(oc)
Nope! Serial number is on the rear of the jewel case & the controller number is on the interlink front panel. Maybe you best go to the place of purchase and check out the serial .

on
Well, I bought it from Tower Hobbies two, three or four years ago. Used it for a year or so, then left the hobby for a while, due to illness.
And, no, the sticker is not on the case, anywhere. Nor is there a sign of glue on the case where the sticker would have been. Neither front nor back.
The Interlink number is on a placard on the rear of the controller. Not the front. Perhaps mine was made before your time?
What would going to Tower Hobbies gain me? They sell the stuff, they don't have an obligation to retain such things as serial numbers. I'll find it eventually. Or I'll wake up in the middle of my sleep period and remember where I stowed it.
Ed Cregger
go to the Realflight website & message their support dept. They may help you out! Good Luck
wrote

Thanks, BP. I'm sure I'll work it out.
With the majority of folks saying that it should be on the jewel case, it makes me think that maybe I removed it from there and stuck it on the instructions. If not, I'll do as you suggest and contact Real Flight.
Ed Cregger

I bought a used copy of G2 and 3 of the addons off e-bay and they (Great Planes) were VERY helpful in geting it registered under my name..
Ed, Your email address does not work - HOMTAIL.COM ???? I tried sending you a message at hotmail.com
Campy

Yeah, I used to have a little line in there telling the person to reverse the m and the t. I guess I forgot to include it the last time I set up the computer.
It's just hotmail. Please try again.
Ed Cregger
Ed Cregger Wrote:

Yaeh, I uesd to hvae a ltitle lnie in tehre telnilg the preson t resevre the m and the t. I geuss I fogrot to icnldue it the lsat tmie set up the cumpoter.
This is what Ed really wrote before his spellchecker kicked in Bum Memory, is not the only problem he has .... :D But we all care about you Ed !!! :rolleyes: Interesting part of this phenomenon is that the human brain still know what really was meant as long as the first and last letter is still i the right place
-- indoruwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u891 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tD722

Can't fool you, can I? <G>
Ed Cregger