Looking for short electric motor

Hi all!
I have been looking for some time for an electric motor that is not too
long, something like 35mm with the shaft included. It does not matter if it
ends up being a bit larger than usual.
Thanks for your help!
Reply to
Nicolas Verhaeghe - White Echo
Try looking in the model railway/railroad world. There should be plenty of motors like you describe.
will give you some idea of what is available. Click on the "Motors and Gearboxes" link.
The Mashima MH1624 looks suitable if you are prepared to remove the flywheel shaft.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
The Mabuchi "mini/baby" motors have been available for years out of Japan. They start/stop with a flick of a finger so they're real handy for aircraft props. Available from hlj.com the last time I looked. hth The Keeper
Reply to
The Keeper
Are not most "outrunner" motors really short, compared to "other" motor
-- indoruwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:
this thread:
indoruwet
That's what I thought - an outrunner, but then you have to go brushless controller which are more $, although they are coming down fast.
I wonder what outrunner motors were designed for in the first place? Industrial robotics? The seem to be proliferating like made in the hobby market. I wonder what the cost to manufacture comparison is?
Red S.
Reply to
Red Scholefield
Some are, some aren't. I know that most I have seen have larger core winds and are fairly short. I have seen others that are fairly long.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
True, but the sizes we have available now belay the fact that they were just for CD drives. The hobby is not big enough to drive the development of the sizes we have available now . . . . or the AMA has greatly underestimated the electric flight opportunity. :-)
Red
"Six_O'Clock_High" > controller which are more $, although they are coming down fast.
Reply to
Red Scholefield
You probably want an outrunner then. They are large diameter, but short.
You can make our won from CD-ROM drives.
Contrillers are not cheap tho.
go to
and check out power systems discussion group.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Goedendag Red and all,
A list of RC outrunner manufacturers (kits too), over 65 by now:
Prettig weekend ;-) Ron van Sommeren int. E fly-in
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Reply to
Ron van Sommeren
Actually, the controllers have come down significantly in price recently. For example, the new Castle Creations Thunderbird-9 is less than $30.
Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

Site Timeline